v-Realize Automation Engineer
- Post Date:August 30, 2018
- Daily rate £350 - £450Contract length 6 months
Working within a small team based in North London to develop and implement software-based automation solutions to deliver infrastructure and applications into dev, test and production environments. It will primarily involve developing, releasing and maintaining high quality automation code and software components to support the provisioning of standardised, repeatable and fit-for-purpose environments.
This role fits into an Agile way of working requiring collaboration, shared ownership and an eagerness to cross-skill across a wide range of tools and technologies. It will touch server and network virtualisation, process automation, configuration management, application deployment and release automation.
It also has a strong internal customer focus, working to on-board and support delivery teams onto an automated platform, fitting with the premise of everything as code.
The role demands a can-do, passionate attitude that can extol the benefits of automation and Agile practises for better and quicker delivery of value to the business. It requires infectious enthusiasm that relishes the challenge of discovering possibilities in the new and unknown. With these qualities, the successful candidate must be able to work independently and as a key team member.
- Development and support
- Support and maintain the technology stack comprising the automation solution
- Support, develop and troubleshoot orchestration workflows and code
- Work closely with project teams to turn infrastructure designs into version-controlled code and blueprints
- Know and work within security requirements
- Know and work within version control, change and release management processes
- Work within the team
- Work with Infrastructure Solution Architects, complying with plans, schedules and priorities
- Work with all team members collaboratively and positively to contribute to decision making, elaboration of new processes and innovative designs
- Work with wider teams
- Work with delivery teams, serving their needs to meet software delivery targets, showing improvements to technical processes and automation
- Work alongside existing technical teams, ensuring common understandings are in place to ensure effective integration
- Ownership and accountability
- Be part of a team that takes ownership of the entire infrastructure automation solution
- Serve the needs of the business and improve ways of working by implementing customer requirements for automation, technology integration and infrastructure designs
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong knowledge and experience of PowerShell
- Strong understanding of PowerShell remoting and WinRM configuration
- PowerShell DSC highly advantageous
- Must have strong knowledge of VMware vRealize Automation 7.x including Event Broker
- VMware vCenter and vSphere 6.5
- Awareness VMware NSX including understanding of the distributed firewall and load balancing services
- Strong understanding of IT automation and everything as code
- Workflow tools to automate tasks and processes
- KPI and use of certificates for server authentication and document encryption
- Knowledge of Octopus Deploy advantageous
- Strong knowledge and understanding of automation published REST APIs
- Awareness of CI/CD processes
- Windows Server administration
- Good knowledge of Windows AD including group policy and managed service accounts
- Working in a diverse Windows Server environment with awareness of roles and services such as DNS, Mail, Monitoring, Audit, Security
- Server virtualisation
- Networking fundamentals
- Software engineering / development experience
- Working within a PCI-DSS compliant environment
COMMUNICATIONS AND PERSONAL
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent time management skills
- Communicates positively and can constructively challenge be challenged by others to make improvements in understanding and ways of working
- Having a customer-service mind-set: knowing the impacts others, ensuring communication is relevant and timely
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT/LOCATION
- 25 hours per week flexible between 8:00 and 18:00 Monday to Friday
- Based in Welwyn Garden City offices
Related Jobs (10)
Senior Back-End Developer on December 14, 2018
BizTalk Developer on December 13, 2018
Dell Boomi Integration Architect on December 13, 2018
SAP Consultant on December 13, 2018
Integration Designer/Developer on December 10, 2018
IoT Developer on December 10, 2018
Azure Developer on December 10, 2018
Talend Developer / ETL on December 10, 2018
Magento developer on December 7, 2018
UX Designer on December 5, 2018