- Post Date:January 24, 2018
- Daily rate £350 - £450Contract length 6 months
Job role – Senior SDET
Day rate – £400
Location – London
Contract duration – 6Months
One of LynxPro’s clients are currently on the lookout for talented engineers for an SDET role within one of their agile teams.
The role will involve providing robust API and front end test automation to help deliver the highest possible level of quality products.
Automation code is principally developed using Java frameworks but skills across the stack and across languages is essential.
Aim of Role
The purpose of the role is as follows:
- To provide ongoing feature acceptance testing to enable efficient delivery of high quality software products
- Drive Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) by working hand-in-hand with the development and product management teams.
- Production of test code to automate functional testing
- Clear and concise communication of test results – Cucumber, Serenity, etc.
- Execution of exploratory testing utilising tools such as Postman, SoapUI, etc.
- Continually learn new technologies to keep up with and apply them to the job.
- Be the go-to person and subject-matter expert for your feature area, anticipating improvements and making recommendations for enhancement or supportability in future versions.
- Participate in the architecture and design of your feature area or small product early in the development cycle, influencing it to drive quality and adherence to the specification.
- Mentor other members of the team
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in Java (Competent/Advanced)
- Ability to programmatically interact with XML and JSON(Advanced)
- Experience in common frameworks such as Cucumber, Spring and Swagger
- Extensive knowledge of Agile development practices including TDD and BDD (Advanced)
- Ability to write OO code. Understanding of patterns, composition over inheritance, refactoring (Advanced)
- Good understanding of version control systems. Experience in using GIT (Competence/Advanced)
- Use of de-bugging tools, ability to analyse stack traces, code, log-files and other artefacts (Competence)
- Ability to pair with developers with a range of ability and knowledge. (Advanced)
- Ability to pair with stakeholders, do business analysis and produce relevant acceptance criteria (Leadership)
- Ability to use and manage CI tools such as Bamboo and Jenkins (Competence)
- Knowledge of Unix based operating systems and common command line tools (Competence/Advanced)
Please click on “Apply now” to send us your application. If you aren’t already registered to LynxPro, please fill in your profile or get in touch for more information.
WANT TO TALK TO US?
FOR IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE, PLEASE CALL OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE HELPLINE.
01183 130 260
Related Jobs (10)
Infrastructure Project Manager on May 17, 2018
Data Scientist on May 16, 2018
BizTalk Developer on May 15, 2018
SAP PP ECC Consultant on May 15, 2018
Integration Architect on May 14, 2018
PHP developer on May 14, 2018
Hybris Developer on May 10, 2018
Cloud Solution Architect – Azure, AWS on May 9, 2018
Software Developer on May 9, 2018