CTO – London – £850 – 12+ months – Outside IR35
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Chief Technology Officer will sit on our leadership team as a strategic contributor and technologist for our business domain. You will be responsible for executing against technology and platform stability goals taking ownership of the technology, engineering delivery operations, technology strategic vision and execution. You will also oversee the organisational structure, leadership and development of your teams. The role is extremely varied, fast-paced, with a mix of strategic planning, research and development, through to operations and project delivery globally.
- Team Management: Organise and motivate a team of engineers covering software development and operations, both on-shore and off-shore.
- Technical Vision: Have a good understanding of the various technologies the organisation is working with and to keep on top of industry trends and emerging technologies in order to support business growth, continuous innovation and to stay competitive in the market.
- Leadership: Inspire your teams to work towards the company’s vision and execute the defined strategies, while convincing management to invest in any required technologies.
- Operations: Responsible for production operations QA and support (mostly offshore).
- Communication: Help the business understand how technology will help achieve business goals and communicate and explain business goals to the technical teams.
- Stakeholder Management: Engage with our key clients’ senior technical executives to align high-level technology goals and objectives. Maintain regular client communications.
- Financial: Define budgets for the organisation’s technology and resources needs.
Skills & Qualifications
The ideal candidate will preferably possess experience of working with advertising technologies or SAAS companies and understand the advertising ecosystem. You will be someone who keeps up to date with new technologies to better respond to changes in customer needs, understand their implications and how to innovate to execute based on this knowledge.
Technical Proficiencies: Kanban and Agile Methodology, AWS architecture, Kafka, Data Science, Java, PHP, Node.js, Kubernetes, Terraform, React, AngularJS, Jenkins, Jira
- Strong Engineering background, with a solid understanding across Java, PHP, NodeJS, React, and AngularJS.
- Streaming Data experience, preferably Kafka.
- Good understanding of software architecture and Data centre infrastructure.
- Working Kanban and Agile methodology experience, built around JIRA.
- Ideally, have experience working with and managing off-shore teams.
- Working Cloud infrastructure operations and architecture experience (mainly: AWS, containers/Kubernetes)
- Experience within the Adtech ecosystem or complex software using microservices.
- Over 10+ years in tech, ideally with 5+ years in a CTO position
- Experience working for a start-up/ scaled-up entity or fast-growing company during a period of high growth is a must
- Tech experience working for an RTB exchange, SSP, DSP, adserver or adtech company, highly advantageous
- Experience managing engineering teams around product and or functions (UI/API/Data/Architect)
- Successful track record of delivery as an individual contributor and leader
- Adaptable with the ability to work and exceed in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment that is leading the change in the digital industry
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
If you are interested please apply through LynxPro or contact the team via firstname.lastname@example.org, or Call 01183130260