I was working within the road operations function of the AA acting as lead developer on the Connected Services team I was responsible for detailed design and implementation of several key integration projects.
• Digital breakdown API to allow 3rd party reporting of breakdowns. Built on NodeJS.
• Smart Breakdown providing near real time vehicle telematics to improve fault prevention and diagnostics. Built on NodeJS.
• Cross company and cross border integration with European partners to deliver a seamless digital only service request and fulfilment. Built for Azure using Service bus, Functions, Angular & Typescript.
The team I worked with provides a range of insurance applications for the Affinity and Retail group of Markerstudy Insurance. My role lay predominantly in the development of the company’s core business applications. I also spent 6 months building a customer policy management portal.
• Design and Prototyping Angular apps to replace legacy AngularJS and VB applications.
• Design, build & delivery of a GDPR app to allow administrators and designers to quickly create and amend marketing and policy correspondence.
Bohemia Interactive Simulations
I spent my time at Bohemia working on their Tactics project. As a member of the client team, I worked on a desktop-based Node.js application using AngularJS, Node-Webkit (NWJS) and Gulp. The Tactics application is a military strategy training tool which integrates with the company’s flagship training simulator VBS. As such, the project had a range of complex and interesting integrations.
Midland HR develops and delivers a web-based HR and payroll solution. I was responsible for the daily operations of the web hosting team. We were supporting over 600 hosted software instances across two dedicated datacenters. I was accountable for meeting system uptime, incident and problem resolution SLA’s. Other responsibilities associated with the role included UI customizations, managing the deployment of quarterly software updates and other bespoke requests.
• Built and maintained an interactive reporting app to provide accurate uptime figures across the hosted architecture.
• Consistently maintained our delivery target of 99.9% of the core-hosted services.
• Implemented automation scripts for the installation of product hotfixes for hosted applications.
More Work Experience
Less Work Experience
As a general manager of a restaurant with a £1 million annual turnover, I held overall responsibility for everything happening within the restaurant. With a large team of up to 35 employees I have extensive experience leading and motivating a team. Towards the end of my tenure, I was also responsible for supporting head office operations team with project development and implementation.
Education and Training
More Education and Training
Less Education and Training
BSc Computer Science (Open University part time course)