Arts Alliance Media Ltd
- Working with software development teams with a hybrid infrastructure. The infrastructure consisted of an on-site blade enclosure and AWS across multiple regions.
- Maintenance and administration of clustered CheckPoint firewalls (Open Server) for approximately 500 VPN connections, new services with NAT, IPS/IDS and Cisco 3750X stacks with Point to Point fibre links.
-Applying upgrades of Cisco WLC 2504 and remote ASA in Holland (less than 10 minutes downtime).
- Design and implementation of new Load Balancing solution – Kemp LoadMaster (Virtual).
- Design and implementation of CheckPoint layer 2 firewall for AWS direct connect.
- Future planning of AWS VPCs for new regions.
- Trial and implementation of Cisco and Meraki CMX systems (Location and people analysis).
- Research and recommendation of Imperva Incapsula services for DDoS Protection and Web Application Firewall (CDN not required).
- VMware server (ESXi/VSphere) maintenance, upgrades and redesign.
- Bespoke training and knowledge transfer to other team members on networking and VMware Vsphere design and practices.
AdvantageSystems Analyst/Network Engineer - Permanent(Left in order to work for an MSP)Managing and upgrading a multisite Cisco network (8 sites, 300 users)Technologies including LES (LAN Extension Services, WAN), 2960, 3560, 3750(Sack) and 6500 switchesASA 5505, 5510 and 5520 in active/failover configuration with Site to Site VPN. Cisco 1142 autonomous wireless access points. Cisco CUCM 7.1 and CUBE. VMware ESXi and Clusters. EMC Clariion CX-4Site visits to audit and upgrade network equipment. Specifying and purchasing new Cisco equipmentMonitoring Network (PRTG, SNMP and Syslog). Working with Cisco IronPorts and Exchange
Project Vision, Lombard Street, London, Systems Consultant/Network EngineerPermanent (made redundant due to downturn in Cisco work)Designing and installing Cisco wired and wireless (mesh) networksConfiguring Cisco 880 and 1900 routers, 2960, 3750 and 4500 switches and 5500 Wireless LAN ControllersCisco ASA and IOS security configurationProviding 3 rd line issue resolution and fault finding. Supporting several large customers with multisite configurationsPerforming network audits. Working within an ITIL/Prince2 environment, with project management and report writing
Old StreetNetwork Engineer - Permanent (Left because the role became too Microsoft focused)
London, England, United Kingdom
InclarityNetwork Administrator/Engineer - Permanent (Left when the company went bankrupt)
Latimer Road, London Support 1 st - 2 nd line/Technical TrainerPermanent (Decided to pursue a career in company-based network support)
More Work Experience
Less Work Experience
New Horizons, Old StreetSupport 1 st - 3rd line/Technical TrainerEngineer - Permanent (Left due to excessive travel as part of this role)